UPSC Civil Services IAS Prelim Exam Syllabus :
Download Vedanta IAS Mobile App and Get All Updates in Your Mobile
NOTE : Candidates are advised to go through Preliminary Examination and the several subjects.
Part A—Preliminary Examination
Paper I – (200 marks) Duration :Two Hours
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography-Physical Social, Economic Geography of India and the world.
- Indian Polity and Governance-Constitution,Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development -Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio—diversity and Climate Change — that do not require subject specialization.
- General Science.
Paper II-(200 marks)
- Interpersonal skills including communication Skill
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability;
- Decision making and problem solving;
- General mental ability;
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level)
- Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. — Class X level);
Note 1: Paper—H of the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination will be a qualifying paper with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33.
Note 2 : The questions will be of multiple choice, objective type.
Note 3 : It is mandatory for the candidate to appear in both the Papers of Civil Services (Prelims) Examination for the purpose of evaluation. Therefore a candidate will be disqualified in case he/she does not appear in both the papers of Civil Services(Prelims) Examination.