How To Write An Essay In UPSC Civil Services Examination
How To Write An Essay In UPSC Civil Services. In the UPSC Civil Services Mains Examination all the candidates have to write one essay paper. In this paper, candidates have to write two essays. Aspirants have to select an essay from a choice of four topics.
Total marks for this Essay Paper is 250 with one essay for 125 marks. In this you will get to know about how to write an essay in the UPSC Civil Services Exam.
Lets see How To Write An Essay In UPSC Civil Services :-
While writing the essay paper in the UPSC Mains Examination aspirants have to follow certain steps .
1. First and most important step for writing an essay in UPSC Civil Services Exam is to choose the topic from the given options very wisely. While selecting the topic for an essay make sure you have a decent idea about that topic. Don’t choose controversial topics like or any topic which you are very passionate about.
2. Don’t just start writing an essay after selecting the topic. You are advised to think about that topic and recollect your thoughts. Do some rough work with a pencil and write down what you are going to write in your essay.
3. After the rough work it’s time to write your essay. While writing an essay you have to follow the structure of an essay. Don’t just write whatever you want. Write in a structured way to score good marks.
4. Start your essay with a very good introduction. Give some historical perspective followed by the main issue/problem. If the topic is related to current issues then try to link the topic with the current scenario. By giving positive/negative conclude your essay.
5. Always have some brownie points like relevant quotes of famous personalities, fact, and data from government schemes and policy for your essay.
6. While writing essay in the UPSC Civil Services Examination, never get personal and don’t resort to name-calling. Don’t try to give extreme opinion in any issue. Always have a balanced approach in your essay. If you are writing problems in essays then you must write possible reforms or solutions for that problem. Most importantly write as a future bureaucrat, not as a journalist.